Butter is mostly fat, but also contains some protein and carbohydrates. In short, the technique of Marrakesh butter is to recover only the fatty part shielded with THC and CBD of our cocktail. This very easy-to-use technique will detach the active ingredients of the plant to lock them in the butter.
We remind that cannabinoids such as THC or CBD are soluble in fats such as oil or butter, but not in water (or in negligible quantities).
Here's how it goes:
- Use unsalted butter if possible
- Heat about 2-3L of water over low heat
- Add 300-500 grams of trim leaf (only well crystallized ones)
- Heat for a few minutes, then throw in this first cooking water, to eliminate a large part of the chlorophyll, which will ensure a milder flavor
- Add 2-3L of water again with the cannabis, and add the butter
- Simmer over low heat for about 3-4 hours , stirring regularly
- Remove from the heat, and filter the liquid using an ice-o- bag lator or a clean fabric
- Squeeze the cannabis ball hard through the filter to collect the butter stuck in the plant material. Use plastic gloves and a spatula to turn and not to burn your hands!
- Put the liquid to cool and then in the fridge
- About 24 hours later, the butter will form on the surface, which can be easily scooped up with a flat knife. The water will be thrown away.
The quality and potency of cannabis butter will depend heavily on the plant product used. Large leaves contain little resin and a lot of chlorophyll, so they won't be useful at all. Avoid branches too !!! Usually we will use the small leaves of the buds that are covered with resin visible to the naked eye, or the cannabis flowers directly or the small buds from the bottom with too many leaves.
Never use cannabis affected by mold, or plant material that has been sprayed for phytosanitary purposes during the flowering phase. For medical use of quality marijuana, it is possible to use cannabis strains with a THC / CBD ratio 1: 1, these having more therapeutic potential, and a more limited psychoactivity. br>
# LaCrèmeDeLaCrème By High Sticky Crew